Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JP Salas come back!

Go down 
+7
slam23
jpsalas
TheMcD
panootz
bob5453
Flying Dutchman
Hanson2
11 posters

JP should make more VP8 tables and updates!
Absolute
JP Salas come back! Vote_lcap85%JP Salas come back! Vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Yes
JP Salas come back! Vote_lcap0%JP Salas come back! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes
JP Salas come back! Vote_lcap15%JP Salas come back! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
No
 0% [ 0 ]
No
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

JP Salas come back! Empty
PostSubject: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

Hi friends, I think JP should make more tables for VP8 and do some updates Very Happy !
What do you think about it?
Please vote!
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:12 pm

Yes, I must admit, this would be a really good suggestion .. from our standpoint.

You have to respect ones decission though while you never know in what possition someone else is ..
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 2:35 pm

Flying Dutchman wrote:

You have to respect ones decission though while you never know in what possition someone else is ..

Hey FD, you are right with this Very Happy ! This is only a poll to see the opinion from the VP- community! I don't want to force JP to come back Wink !
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 7:23 pm

I know you mean well Hanson2 .. & I must say, it would be superb! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bob5453
bob5453

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Papa Smurf would do it.... lol!
Back to top Go down
panootz

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:17 pm

I say yes it would be nice too, because who knows when vp9 will be up to date, it might take awhile and i think JP and Groni were doing just great making tables with the VP8 system. They did mention they were doing Twilight Zone i really wish they would finish that with vp8, and also Theatre of magic, No Good Gophers and Fish Tales, then at least the good games would be complete, Oh also update some of their older games too. Please JP at least consider those games then start vp9. Thank You, Dave P.
Back to top Go down
TheMcD
TheMcD

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 pm

Heey, just a minute... I voted "No" and another vote for "Yes" popped up!

Yeah, I said "No". I for one believe that VP9 will be updated and will surpass VP8. To keep working on VP8 would only cause even more work with converting, whereas if you have like 3 tables planned for VP9, it's easier to get practice in tablemaking. VP9 is very different, so practice will be needed for everybody.

So yeah, I also said "No" because I actually WANT JP to take a break. A well-deserved and much-needed break. So JP can return with a lot of energy and has an easier time getting into VP9.

JP taking a break is better for both sides.

The McD
Back to top Go down
http://www.mediafire.com/TheMcD
jpsalas
Admin
Admin
jpsalas

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:17 pm

Thanks TheMcD and Flying Dutchman! At last! A few who shares my point of view! Very Happy

As I wrote before, I'm taking a rest making tables until I get a new computer. For me VP9 is good enough like it is, but it should be better with a little more compatibility with more graphic cards and with some fixes. I actually don't care if the reels get fixed like in VP8 (they work now in VP9 like they did in VP7), since I'm not going to use reels in my future tables.

In VP9 there are many more options for authors to make the tables the way they want and to do things that wasn't possible to do with the older VP. Now I can make tables which fills the screen the way I want, for 4:3 screens, 16:9, and on vertical screens.

So just now I'm learning a little more about programming so later I can write better scripts. I'm also testing VP9 and seeing what it can do and how I can use the new options (even if I can't turn on hardware acceleration due to my computer being too old). I'm also taking lessons about 3DsMax, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it in VP Smile I'm also waiting for windows 7 to buy a new computer. So, things take time, so don't wait for a new table from me in the near future. In the meantime just play the hundreds of tables available for VP8 and the new tables that are coming for VP9. It is true that it is easy to convert a table from VP8 to VP9, but do you really want to do that, and miss all the new options?

JP
Back to top Go down
http://gethome.no/jpsalas
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 12:53 am

Hi JP,
Thanks for clearing up the confusion, it sounded like an early and unfortunate retirement to me at first. As you can see, you are sorely missed but I think nobody can argue with your point of view. Aside from the fact that you can offcourse do whatever you like! So have fun with the things you do when you're not authoring, and thanks again for the hours of fun I'm having with your tables! I'll keep an eye out for your return though, that's your fault for addicting me Smile
Greetz Slam23
Back to top Go down
wangho

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 9:35 am

Exactly! A good portion of us were thinking you've had enough with preserving pinball tables (to near perfect degrees) under the digital format. That you were saying bye bye! I'm glad you've come along and cleared things up for us. Take your time! We've got plenty of tables to explore and have fun with as it is.
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 10:57 am

Thank you JP and we all accept your decision, me too Wink !

@Adm.: Can you please close this poll?
Thank you!
Back to top Go down
yogiholzer
yogiholzer

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 3:31 am

Thank you very much, JPSalas, for all your work on PC pinball! cheers

Still have some of the chocolate? No, it wasn't that much. alien
Back to top Go down
http://freenet-homepage.de/yogiholzer/
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 pm

Hmm...I don't think that we will see many improvements in VP9 soon...just my instinct...
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:38 pm

VP9 is in a too early Stage to think about serious Pinball Productions.
My Mind will stay as long as VP9 do not have the same good features than VP8
plus the new Graphic Card Support and EM Reel Overlapping.
VP9 is just a crap now and works far away good from VP8

So my thought is to continue the VP8 Work.

And a new Computer do not fix the Problem. VP9 kills every computer. I installed it on the PC from my brother. He have an Quad Processor with 3,00 GHZ and a Geforce 9800 GTX. All Tables runs like crap.

Everybody must know for his own if he wants to wait for that. I think that its
the wrong way and i will still update VP8 Table, till the day that VP9 is stable enough. So everything else is unacceptable.

Just my mind

GRONI
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Hi Groni, nice to read that you will still update tables for VP8! This was the reason why a started this poll, the most people want more tables for VP8 at the moment!
Thank you for your statement, see you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JP Salas come back!   JP Salas come back! Empty

Back to top Go down

JP Salas come back!
Page 1 of 1