Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tedb

Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) Empty
PostSubject: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 1:56 am

Let me first congratulate you with this nice forum. Very good timing, because vpf forums is down again. And that can take a loooong time.

My request table is a table that has never been done in a good way. Cue Ball Wizard. I think a very entertaining table with a great theme and fun gameplay.
I've already requested this once or twice but JP didn't try it because of the (too) big challenge.
There is an old version, but the pool mechanism (aim and shoot platform) doesn't work at all. It even shoots like a madman that results in immense scores without really having done anything. I think that will probably be the challenge JP was refering to. Making the moving platform will not be easy I guess. This is the only pinball with this feature so the programming will probably not be a copy/paste thing. However there is the launch probe shot in STTNG...

Another simulation of CBW is the Microsoft version that looks nice, but plays really crap.

So might be a too big of a job for JP on his own, but might be a nice challenge for the magnificent two clown

Well enough butt-kissing for now tongue here is a nice vid of the game (the guy playing sucks big time, but you'll get the idea... )

One final remark, my biggest request is that the two of you keep making these great vp creations. They are all amazing.
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:09 am

This is of course a very great Pin! I already told JP about this one before. It´s not possible ( yet ) to recreate this. The Problem are the big Balls used on that Table. VP didn´t support to add a ball in a different or bigger size. So to add a ball, that act in a physical correct way is not possible. So i guess i have to say that this Table is not possible to make with the actual VP Version.

GRONI
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
tedb

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

Thanks for the fast reply Groni! It is definitely a very different table because of the big cue ball and the shooting platform.
Scapino did manage to add a big ball in Circus Voltaire btw. Might not be suited for this pinball, but use of a bigger ball seems to be possible anyway.
Of course in CBW, the ball is not only an obstacle but is also used to aim for the platform shot so could be more complex.
Back to top Go down
axlpatton

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:58 am

first i would thanks you for your great work !!! excuse me for my english cause i'm a poor small french boy^^
my requests:

theatre of magic (i love this table)
guns n' roses (the physical of the ball isn't like the last table on your site,this is my favourite table)
indiana jones

thank you so much jpsalas and groni !!!
Back to top Go down
jpsalas
Admin
Admin
jpsalas

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 pm

I have looked at CBW a few times, since I have received many requests about this table. The more tables I make for VP the more I learn, so I hope one day I can find a way to make those balls that doesn't kill the table. I guess that using extra balls, like 4 balls, and make them move together will do the trick, but I'll need to test it and write a script to move them. I know someone has done that before. But the table is not at the top of my list, but one day it will be a nice challenge for us.

@axlpatton: TOM is on the top of my list Very Happy. Guns n' Roses: I wrote the script and I helped a little the author (Lord Hiryu or Damimak.. something Very Happy) so I guess I can contact him and let Groni add his settings to the table, or maybe Lord Hiryu wants to do it himself. About Indiana Jones: I know Groni wants to make this table, so I guess it depends if we find nice pictures of the table.

JP
Back to top Go down
http://gethome.no/jpsalas
axlpatton

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:09 pm

jpsalas wrote:

@axlpatton: Guns n' Roses: I wrote the script and I helped a little the author (Lord Hiryu or Damimak.. something Very Happy) so I guess I can contact him and let Groni add his settings to the table

JP

great Very Happy

i played your flinstone's table all afternoon with my friend Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tedb

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:58 pm

jpsalas wrote:
I have looked at CBW a few times, since I have received many requests about this table. The more tables I make for VP the more I learn, so I hope one day I can find a way to make those balls that doesn't kill the table. I guess that using extra balls, like 4 balls, and make them move together will do the trick, but I'll need to test it and write a script to move them. I know someone has done that before. But the table is not at the top of my list, but one day it will be a nice challenge for us.
JP

Thanks for the reply JP. The amount on the request list is huge, so that you partnered up with Groni is a very good thing. The results so far are very nice and promising for what more to come. Any table is great, but well.. when you have the feeling creating tables becomes too easy, there is always CBW Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)   Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW  :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cue Ball Wizard aka CBW :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: JPG-PINS :: JPG-PINS Table Requests-
Jump to: