Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings

Go down 
+4
faralos
Mr. Pacman
panootz
Groni
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings Empty
PostSubject: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:09 am

Hey Guys

I was playing around with the new Flippersettings and look.
5 Hours of playing around with a nice "close to real" Setting

Watch this little teaser to see them in Action in 3 little Demos

http://jpgpins.kilu.de/Videos/VP9Flippers.wmv

Have Fun

GRONI
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
panootz

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 am

that is going to be sweet, who needs the real things now that we pretty much have vp9. Though it is still fun to play the real thing but at least with this the games won't be broken. Thanks for all your work Groni and JP you guys are so unbelievable, I can't even find the word to describe you guys because it's so good. We are all happy you two are on board, so thanks again. Dave P.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:59 am

...amazing! well done! What about the rattle of the flippers when they are move...? (like in pro pinball)...
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 7:01 am

so you are showing that we can't trap the ball like on a real pin? it seems that it always bounces off it in the video. oh btw how did you even get flippers to show up? they are invisible in my vp9 version I gave up after loading in about 15 tables ALL with no visible flippers or plungers!
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:15 am

Groni, can I install VP9 and VP8.1 at the same time or is it not possible without an error? I tried it and VP8.1 doesn't load the tables anymore Sad !
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:10 am

Hanson2 wrote:
Groni, can I install VP9 and VP8.1 at the same time or is it not possible without an error? I tried it and VP8.1 doesn't load the tables anymore Sad !
Thanks.

Yes you can, just put VP9 .exe in the same folder with a different name. It doesn't affect anything...
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:39 am

Looks VERY promising!
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 pm

Here some more info (posted by Noah) I got on VP9 - also answering the question if it does rotate screens as well ..

VP 9 Features include:

• Optimized for vpm.
  • Ball blurring/stutters/etc have been greatly reduced.
  • This still has lag/issues with 26 balls in play on Johnny Mnemonic.
  • Translate locked triggers.
  • Plunger and all other objects can be locked in the editor.
  • Sound/graphic exporter/table unlocker.
  • Dual display span mode support so vp has full control over the backbox display as well as table.
  • Table rotation - 360 degrees possible.
  • Full physics options for slope, oblique correction, flipper settings, ball dampening, scatter angle, friction, gravity.
  • Table scaling support X+Y.
  • Table bottom height - set the bottom of the table lower than the playfield surface for realistic holes.
  • Scriptable exit table to desktop method.
  • Updated for DirectX9 0 full hardware rendering.
  • Reduced engine crashes.
  • Support for Pinball Wizard Input Controller.
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 1:30 pm

faralos wrote:
so you are showing that we can't trap the ball like on a real pin? it seems that it always bounces off it in the video. oh btw how did you even get flippers to show up? they are invisible in my vp9 version I gave up after loading in about 15 tables ALL with no visible flippers or plungers!

You can trap it. It was just 3 little demos. But i also catched the ball, hold it, and slap it over to the other flipper or just shoot it away. Also the ball feeling comes very close to a real pin.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:02 pm

Groni wrote:
faralos wrote:

You can trap it. It was just 3 little demos. But i also catched the ball, hold it, and slap it over to the other flipper or just shoot it away. Also the ball feeling comes very close to a real pin.

Groni, how the physics compare to pro pinball? Are they close?
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 3:50 pm

I have to say as real Pinballer. Pro Pinball Physics are not even close to real pinball. I tried Big Race USA and i have to say the Engine sucks in all cases.

The new VP9 Physics are very close, and very adjustable.
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:03 pm

Mr. Pacman wrote:
Hanson2 wrote:
Thanks.

Yes you can, just put VP9 .exe in the same folder with a different name. It doesn't affect anything...

Thanks for your reply Mr. Pacman. I did it , but it doesn't worked! I can load all tables in VP9, but VP 8.1 doesnt't work at all! Error message: "unable to open Sega VBS"........
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Is just the same error as the last time. You have to run it as ADMIN, i think you forgot that
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 5:56 pm

Groni wrote:
Is just the same error as the last time. You have to run it as ADMIN, i think you forgot that

Sorry Embarassed , I forgot! Thank you all for helpful replies Very Happy Embarassed !
Back to top Go down
TuNk77
TuNk77

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 6:54 pm

I just saw the video and it looks promising Very Happy Looking forward to the completion of VP9
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Groni wrote:
I have to say as real Pinballer. Pro Pinball Physics are not even close to real pinball. I tried Big Race USA and i have to say the Engine sucks in all cases.

The new VP9 Physics are very close, and very adjustable.

I think that BRUSA has worst physics than Timeshock, but ok, i got your point! There is a really good physics engine in VP9 cheers
Back to top Go down
bob5453
bob5453

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 11:54 pm

The video looked nice.... could you give me the flipper settings you are using at the moment to try for myself.

Speed
Strength
Elasticity
Scatter angle
Return Angle
Recoil velocity
Power Law
Oblique Correction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings   VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings Empty

Back to top Go down

VP9 First Steps in Flipper Settings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: JPG-PINS :: JPG-PINS Work in Progress-
Jump to: