Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slam23
slam23

Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? Empty
PostSubject: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi pinheads,

As the fans of the table probably know, there is a pretty good rulesheet on the net for the Lord of the Rings table, written by Larry Scott (metallik). I've searched for others but haven't found any yet (would be interested in getting those if there are any). The rulesheet itself is fairly exhaustive but still misses some things. For example how much the skill shot for the right orbit (3rd skill shot lamp) progresses in points after the first one. But more importantly, it also seems to miss information on extra balls. The point is, I'm not really sure about this and would like some input from other players (Bolt, TuNk, Hanson?). For example: I have the impression that there is a extra ball lit after you reach a certain point while playing (Super) Ring Frenzy, for example when you complete all set of ring shots (3 levels). The same seems to apply to Ring Multiball, one of the Elven gifts. I played that until I got the 1M, and then the extra ball was lit too. It could be that there were tower hits in between that supplied the lit extra balls but I don't think so. Any ideas about that?
Greetz Slam23
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi slam23, you are right , 7 tower hits lit extra ball!
Back to top Go down
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Hanson2,

That's right, and they may well be responsible for the extra balls. But I wonder if completing Ring Frenzy and Ring Multiball light extra balls too? Things happen so fast and at the same time in this table that I can't play and observe at the same time! I probably haven't even seen all of the DMD graphics associated with the modes! I'll have to find somebody I can watch while he/she plays the game, or make a movie of the screen while I'm playing to catch it all! Smile
Greetz Slam23
Back to top Go down
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 11:31 am

Hi all,

Well, after playing many, many more games of LOTR I think I have found some answers myself though I'm still not sure about Ring Frenzy:
- Ring Multiball: when you score 950.000/1.000.000 for about the 10th ball that you put through the Ring, then extra ball is lit
- Ring Frenzy: I thought you had to complete all three levels of every Ring shot before you hit jackpot. Now I think that regardless of the stages of completion at which the Ring shots are, extra ball is lit at the third Frenzy jackpot. I have to play more often to confirm this. It may also be that there is a stage of completion before getting all three levels that may yield an extra ball lit

* Update: I'm still not sure about Ring Frenzy but I have the suspicion it's indeed some level of completion before you get all three levels of ring shots. Maybe if all shots are at level 2 or something. It's still possible you also get an extra ball at the third Frenzy jackpot, but I doubt this now *

- Super Ring Frenzy Multiball: not confirmed but suspected --> I thought I got this "secret" mode when I had all Elven gifts collected/lighted and had 1 more while still playing the same ball. The mode started when I hit the tower shot.

Well, I'll let you know if I can confirm more strongly,
Greetz Slam23

Last edited by slam23 on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bolt
bolt

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 1:18 am

Thanks slam23,

i had never before shots 10 times through the ring in the ring multiball modus, i will try this.

greetings

bolt
Back to top Go down
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 9:42 pm

Hi Bolt,

Yeah, it's a great bonus to already nice scoring! I'm capable of shooting the Ring shot now from both left and right flippers, when the ball is "dead" on the flipper. I try to control the balls that way, even in multiball which is hard to do but yields more clear shots at the Ring. I get the extra ball in about 75% of the time!
Greetz Slam23

PS: I didn't post it yet, but my GC score is up to 630 mil, can you see me in your rearview mirror yet? Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?   Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete? Empty

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Rulesheet incomplete?
Page 1 of 1