Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Twilight Zone request...

Go down 
+3
panootz
Groni
Mr. Pacman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

A Twilight Zone request... Empty
PostSubject: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Ok, i will sound greedy, but currently we have a nice old twilight zone and a beautiful Scapino's version - which as usual for Scapino tables - needs many system resources and behaves "strangely" compared to other tables (maybe because of extensive use of reels), so what about a JPG TZ?
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 pm

This Table is on our TOP 3 List Wink So After Lotr we do the "surprise Table", which will take a long time til finished, and then I think we start with TZ

GRONI
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
panootz

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 am

I didn't think about it but their is a lot of pinball tables out their, and almost all of them from the late 80's up until Sterns CSI need to be made. Theirs just too many of them another table i was thinking about is Demolition man and a few others i thought of but i can't think of them right now. When i do i will put it down, if they get done great if they don't then that's great too. Again whatever tables you two guys do will be excellent i can garantee it. Dave P.
Back to top Go down
ArcAngel

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:12 am

@panootz - you won't see any newer Stern table (post 2005 - NASCAR) anytime soon unless it's a VP only table.
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 am

Just wait and you will see Smile I´m sure you will not realize if it´s a original or a vpm table Wink Just stay on JPG-PINS and you will see Wink
Back to top Go down
ArcAngel

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:15 am

I am sure you will do a masterful job with any SAM system table Groni, but because I know the actual roms cannot be emulated until Stern goes to a newer hardware platform, I will be able to tell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 am

Yes, but other things are in plan Smile So if u have the time, then just wait Smile
It will be a very nice thing to play, until SAM is emulated.
By the way, SAM is already emulated, but STERN didn´t allow to make it public.
I guess the Coders just holding the finger on the SEND BUTTON, and waiting that STERN goes down, or changes the System....CLICK Smile

But you will be happy with our way to do it Wink

GRONI
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:49 am

Groni, if you talk about 'a', you shouldn't leave out 'b' .. Wink
Back to top Go down
wangho

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 4:38 am

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to your version of TZ! You guys do the best work and really set a precedence. How long does it take to make a table, by the way? I might like to give it a try.
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:34 am

wanho if you are going to make one by yourself, anywhere from 3 months to 3 years! depends really, do you know coding? are you handy with a good art program? Photoshop, truespace, and good cad 3-d one? can you import sounds? all these help to make a good pin! Personally, I started 3 months ago, but knew absolutely nothing about coding (still am struggling with it)! I am currently working on 4 wips' at the same time, (as I learn something new it goes into all my pins!) but honestly I don't see one being finished for another 2-4 months, and even then it will be nowhere near as georgous as scapino's or the other coding gods who reside here! but alot of these tables on hereand other sites have multiple authors which does help a bit! to be honest I guess if you are an expert with coding, one could theoretically crank out a table in a month, but quality takes time! trust me when I started, I thought to myself, sure I can just cut and paste all the coding and make a table in a week or two! (heh heh, was I ever delusional) well cut and paste only goes so far, and then there is the actual artwork involved and playtesting everything over and over again so you are sure it all works as it should.
I'm sure others here will agree you can't rush a good product!
so your question is unfortunately a little vague but I'm guessing the average would be anywhere from 3 months to a year!
If one of the programming gods can answerr this feel free, just my personal experience and opinion speaking here.
Back to top Go down
wangho

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:25 am

I see what you mean. I'm a perfectionist and wouldn't release a rush job at all. I'm meticulous about atmosphere, looks, playablity, sounds, angle, size. Those are the main points I'd be looking at. I'm making an addon for a PC game where I created maps, created and imported sounds and art, so I do have an idea about this stuff. How much control can you have over the ball physics? I'd want to be sure it plays close to the real thing and that the pinballs feel like they have "weight." I've seen quite a few tables where it just seems the ball is weightless and just speed floats across the table.

I'd start with a table like "Devil's Dare" and then work on more complicated, newer machines. I'd like to give South Park and Freddy's Nightmare On Elm Street a go eventually, if I were to get into this.
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Wangho .. sounds good .. I would say: 'Go For It !'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Twilight Zone request...   A Twilight Zone request... Empty

Back to top Go down

A Twilight Zone request...
Page 1 of 1