Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

POTC zizzle table nearing completion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
faralos
faralos

POTC zizzle table nearing completion Empty
PostSubject: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:22 am

I've been working on a zizzle table copy for the POTC (pirates of the carribean) table that is sold commercially. Wizards Hat has been most helpful helping me to learn coding for it. It is NOT an exact recreation as I have no knowledge on the sounds or play of the real pin. butit will be a copy (the table layout anyhow) with custom sounds and stuff that I'm putting in. I have voice samples culled from the movie already and most of the events are in place. about 1 or 2 weeks at the most and it should be ready! so again it is NOT a recreation since noone has one of these yet, but I liked the table layout (and since all 4 use the same physical table layout it'll be easier tor recreate the other 3) so I built it. and it plays ok, for my first table here is updated shot of it forget it I DON'T KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD AN IMAGE HERE. sorry
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 2:31 am

You can easily add Screenshots to your post. Just click on the Icon with the Picture and the Disc in front of it "Host an Image"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 7:23 pm

Good to see you're still onto it faralos!
Post us some screenie's .. See below where Groni explains it in detail .. you can't miss!

'The Way You Attach A Screenshot To A Post':

1. Choose the Icon with the FloppyDisc in front of the Picture "Host an Image"
2. A Screen opens where you can choose your Pic Location with the Button
3. Choose your Pic
4. If you like to, you can Resize your Pic. If you don´t want to resize, just choose "no" from the Dropdown
5. Click "Host it"
6. After Upload, three URL are shown in the Window
7. Choose the last one and click "COPY"
8. Now click on the Icon right beside the "Host an Image" Icon.
9. Paste the URL to the Field and click ok.
10. Now you´re Screenshot will show up
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 pm

POTC zizzle table nearing completion Screen14ok I hope that worked! here is (I hope) a pic of the potc zizzle. I just received the coding for a 'beat this score win free game' and will try to put it into the script for the table. other than that the potc one is finished and soon the Marvel one will be done also. Enjoy!

Last edited by faralos on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:42 pm

I thought the actuall pic would show up, but I guess you can just click on that link, cause it shows up then.
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Screenshot of Marvel zizzle wip   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:49 pm

POTC zizzle table nearing completion Screen13here is the shot of the Marvel Zizzle wip also near completion. Since the zizzle pins all have the same layout, it's just a matter of switching out the pics and voice samples, so it's an easy second table
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 pm

Nice Faralos!

Is there already anything changed on the sounds to accompany the tables?

Also a more sophisticated score-board would be worth while looking at ..

Cheers,
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 12:28 am

of course all brand new sounds!! I imported all new sound bytes and effects to correspond with the different villians; one whilst hitting their target and another when the 'skill' event is finished for said villian. And I don't know how to change or write new code for a different display! these are the ones that come with the basic table. one thing at a time, I've only been coding for about 6 weeks now! I am still awaiting pics of the villians on the table to be able to paste their pics over the blue lights at the lower playfield(so you know when you've completed that villians skill shot). all the sound effects have been changed from the potc table as I like variety too! I am still in the process of writing a 'high score' routine. The actual Zizzles don't save high scores but I figured I would implement it into mine anyhow to give you something to shoot for (and it's nice to have a goal!) i was starting to learn 'truespace' a cad3d program but hit a snafu with that, so am back into coding today for the pins! Ya' gotta remember I'm working on 4 wip's all at the same time! As I learn something new, it goes into each pin (like the high scores. bumper lights etc.) so in a little while BOTH zizzles should be ready at the same time. It may seem odd to do it that way, but when I tire (or get frustrated) with one I go to the next and work on that. it makes sense to me and since my first table (it really is an involved one with numerous events all tying into each other) is on hold I am working on just the other 3 for now the 2 zizzles and the Munster one
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:53 am

faralos, whatever works out best for you .. fantastic work so far and keep us informed on the progress!
Back to top Go down
faralos
faralos

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:48 pm

I need pics of the marvel villians that are on the lower playfield ASAP! that is holding me up! everything else is finished except for that high score routine (still coming up with errors) and just awaiting for the pics from anyone on those villians!! Please? I've Pm'ed a few different people but so far nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POTC zizzle table nearing completion   POTC zizzle table nearing completion Empty

Back to top Go down

POTC zizzle table nearing completion
Page 1 of 1