Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TuNk77
TuNk77

Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) Empty
PostSubject: Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)   Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm

I was not sure where to post this, but feel free to move this post if necessary.

Just tested different compression software's. One example is the latest LOTR, zipped it's 21,7 MB.
When compressed with winrar, it's 19,4 MB and when compressed with 7z it's 18,1 MB.

And the point is that 7z overall compresses best, so I would recommend using 7z instead of zip, it would take less time to upload and download, it's a win win situation since 7z is free.

I hope this make sense, because my English is not that good Razz
Back to top Go down
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman

PostSubject: Re: Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)   Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 12:29 pm

TunK77 it makes sense .. problem is, everybody is using Winzip/WinRaR as compression/decompression tools.

7z is indeed much better (not only on the compression ratio).

Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) 7z10
Back to top Go down
TuNk77
TuNk77

PostSubject: Re: Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)   Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) EmptyMon Feb 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Yes, I thought of that. zip-files seems to be the most popular compression technique. I was thinking that JPG-Pins could offer 7z in their downloads instead of zip. And since winrar and winzip can extract 7z archives, there won't be a problem, so please consider it JP and Groni (it you guys read this).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)   Table compression (zip, rar, 7z) Empty

Back to top Go down

Table compression (zip, rar, 7z)
Page 1 of 1