Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0

Go down 
+24
Oli
bleepytoys
slam23
drabag
gravy
panootz
Bigjeef
gamefan
Jlr
Mr. Pacman
sandroace
1234fd
whsemngr
asgog
Mudfinger
tedb
mach2
d3xtro
esoteric_rt
jpsalas
bolt
Hanson2
TuNk77
Groni
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:04 pm

Thank you sooo much JP and Groni! Its awesome!
Back to top Go down
TuNk77
TuNk77

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 7:53 pm

sandroace wrote:
Hey guys just one quick question. I have a 24" widescreen monitor, now most things like PC games and some emu's I'm running at my desktop resolution which is 1920x1200, now if I'm not mistaken widescreen resolutions like that are not recommended for VP. So my question is what High resolution would you recommend?

Hi sandroace! I have a 24" widescreen monitor too, I run VP in 1600x1200, but then I get black bars on the sides, IMO, I'll rather have black bars than a stretched image.
Just try with different resolutions and find out what works best for you Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Oh, what is wrong? It can't find 2 of the rom's files "not available"...I have the latest Visual Install Pack 2.01
Back to top Go down
Jlr

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:57 pm

Mr. Pacman wrote:
Oh, what is wrong? It can't find 2 of the rom's files "not available"...I have the latest Visual Install Pack 2.01

Take a look at this thread,a person had a similar problem.

https://jpgpins.forumotion.com/visual-pinball-discussion-f4/which-rom-s-are-needed-t37.htm
Back to top Go down
gamefan

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:41 pm

@Mr. Pacman:

I made it so:

Download following files: "lotr.zip", "lotr_10_roms.zip"

Make in your ROMs directory a folder named "lotr".
Unzip the two zip-files in this directory.

The table should be running now.

greets
gamefan
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pacman
Mr. Pacman

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

gamefan wrote:
@Mr. Pacman:

I made it so:

Download following files: "lotr.zip", "lotr_10_roms.zip"

Make in your ROMs directory a folder named "lotr".
Unzip the two zip-files in this directory.

The table should be running now.

greets
gamefan

Thanks!! it worked!
Back to top Go down
Bigjeef

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 pm

Wow ... what a job !! Shocked

Great great table cheers

Thanks a lot for your job making we happy to play with your tables Razz

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.supershopping-center.com
sandroace
sandroace

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:15 am

TuNk77 wrote:
sandroace wrote:
Hey guys just one quick question. I have a 24" widescreen monitor, now most things like PC games and some emu's I'm running at my desktop resolution which is 1920x1200, now if I'm not mistaken widescreen resolutions like that are not recommended for VP. So my question is what High resolution would you recommend?

Hi sandroace! I have a 24" widescreen monitor too, I run VP in 1600x1200, but then I get black bars on the sides, IMO, I'll rather have black bars than a stretched image.

Thank You for the reply. I figured that that would be the best res but for me it still stretches the image to fill the screen, I don't get the black bars on the side. Is there a setting I don't know? **PS** I'm using VP-Man frontend.
Back to top Go down
TuNk77
TuNk77

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am

sandroace wrote:
TuNk77 wrote:
sandroace wrote:

Thank You for the reply. I figured that that would be the best res but for me it still stretches the image to fill the screen, I don't get the black bars on the side. Is there a setting I don't know? **PS** I'm using VP-Man frontend.

Hmm, ok, but my monitor auto selects the correct aspect ratio. I have a Samsung 2493HM by the way. Look in the menu of your monitor and see if you can select something called "image size" or similar, if you find, select auto.
Back to top Go down
sandroace
sandroace

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:06 am

TuNk77 wrote:
sandroace wrote:
TuNk77 wrote:
sandroace wrote:

Hmm, ok, but my monitor auto selects the correct aspect ratio. I have a Samsung 2493HM by the way. Look in the menu of your monitor and see if you can select something called "image size" or similar, if you find, select auto.

Cant see any such option in my monitor settings. Is there another place I should look? I'm running Vista64 and I also have a Samsung monitor, model 2443BW.
Back to top Go down
panootz

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 am

I just got done playing lord of the rings and all i can say is i can't seem to keep my tongue in my mouth. Question Groni or JP, how did you get the voices to sound so perfect, the other versions sounded muffled these sound crystal clear. Anyway i am so amazed the only problem i have is it's to fast, but i'll get used to it give me time, i'm still used to the older version. I really can't wait for your other projects now that i've played this game. too bad you can't sell them you'd make a fortune. But then Stern would come and sue you or any other company that you'd make a game for. I just can't stop talking to people of how good this game is utterly amazing. I keep looking for the coin box, so i can put my fifty cents into the machine. Keep up the incredible work, and just keep making those games if you can. Butt don't get burnt out we need you guys if you need a break take one okay. Talk to you guys soon, also can't wait for Twilight Zone i love that table. Dave P.
Back to top Go down
gravy

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:56 am

Do you guys have day jobs or what? Its incredible how much time and effort you are both able to put into this for the benefit of the community, many thanks. The update is amazing and really adds to what was already a great table, I love the new animation for the Balrog. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinballaddicts.com
drabag
drabag

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 am

cheers I agree with Gravy, your table is Groovy, thank you Groni !!! Very Happy
And at least but not last, thank you too JP Salas. I've played two evenings with great pleasure and fun ! No stuck balls, no bugs, really cool...
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 10:48 am

Thank you very much for all your comments, and that you enjoy playing this table. It was alot work to get it working and look like this. There are still some Bugs in it which will be hopefully gone in the next update.
I recieved an update from JP today and will test it when i´m home from work.

News in Version 2.1

New Flasher Reflection on the Side ( Very nice Effect !! Wink )
Fixed Merry Plastic Glitch
Some Size changes
Better Flippersettings for better reaching the Center
New and improoved Ringmagnet.

Hope to get it working this evening, so you can download the update.

Greetings and thanks again very much !

GRONI
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 11:52 am

Hi JP and Groni,

Just want to add some thanks to the mix, great improvement over 1.02, looking forward to 2.1, although 2.0 already plays just fine! For me you don't have to make the center shot easier, probably also means more STDM drains.

Just "fresh out of the package" I beat my grand champion score (133 mil, not anyting to brag about but still nice for me considering I didn't play this pin that much)! Although that could mean that the pin got easier, it doesn't feel that way at all! I had to work my butt off to get so far, the only things that got "easier" is getting the shot up the sword and less ball drain at the sides. At the other end, no easy catching the ball anymore from the plunger for the bonus shot to the most righthanded shot. So hats off to the JPG team,

Greetz Slam23
Back to top Go down
bleepytoys
bleepytoys

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:06 pm

thank you very much guys! big respect for your hard work! rellay love it!

bleeps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.bleepytoys.ch
slam23
slam23

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 12:11 am

I stand corrected regarding the center shot, it's a bitch.... :-) I gladly take some STDM to have a better shot at the center,
Greetz Slam23
Back to top Go down
Groni
Admin
Admin
Groni

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:43 am

Ok Guys

Version 2.1 is out

News ins 2.1

NEW: Flasher Reflections ***Very Amazing Light Effect***
NEW: Flippersettings for better reaching the Center.
FIXED: KEEP Letters Lights now in the correct Order
FIXED: Ringmagnet now working correct. No more Ballstuck behind the Backwall
FIXED: Merry glitch
FIXED: Some Gameplay Bugs

Get it on JPG

Have Fun Wink

GRONI & JP
Back to top Go down
http://www.jpgpins.kilu.de
bolt
bolt

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:48 am

Thanks JPG-Team for fixed LotR, downloading now.

Best Pinball ever
Back to top Go down
Oli
Oli

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 2:23 am

Hello, thank you for this great work
Back to top Go down
Mudfinger
Mudfinger

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:29 am

Those flasher reflections on the 2.1 are beautiful! That kind of attention to detail is just awesome!

I'm blown away by this table.....I'm still not over how great you guys did TSPP and now THIS?

A M A Z I N G !

....not to mention it plays EXCELLEENT!
Back to top Go down
Hanson2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Hanson2

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 11:18 am

Hi Groni and JP, you guys released a perfect table and now the update is even better than perfect Very Happy ! I thought the flippersettings were perfect but they are perfect now Very Happy ! No more words for your great work, only thank you Very Happy !

Greetings

P.S.: @ Groni: The multilanguage will not work and it doesn't matter, I enjoy the table in english Wink !
Thanks
Back to top Go down
bolt
bolt

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 2:12 am

Thanks for the flipper settings, much better. Back to LotR now.
Back to top Go down
bob5453
bob5453

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 6:44 am

I just tried it out and you did a beautiful job on this table. It sounds great on my sound system and the build is obviously a 10 on any scale.

I've never played the real game, but for an old guy like me, I really can't imagine sticking a dollar into this Stern machine if I ever really see one.

I hope to see a few older pins out of you guys in the future.

Thanks for sharing and your talents are already legendary.
Back to top Go down
rudy111
rudy111

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:23 pm

youve never played it? wow...

anyways JUST JUST played it and i have to say

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and one suggestion On the right side of the backdrop you should put the 3 skill shots lights
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0   The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Lord of the Rings - Version 2.0
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next